MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Ultimation
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi
i am thinking of buying the ultra chrome projector headlights, but i also want to make them xenons with a HID kit. is it a hard job putting the HID kit in with all the different things such as the wires are they a direct fit and were abouts do you place the ballast?
thanks
chris

·
Premium Member
9,742 Posts
You should be able to fit the ballast near the lamp - thats were it is on factory
HOWEVER
Although Ultra advertise a HID kit for these - there is a label inside them from the manufaturer warning NOT to fit HID to them

·
Mini Torque
2,033 Posts
the OEM projector xenons plug right in and just need coded with the auto logic software theres no need to got to the hassle of HID kits on the mini, sometimes they dont even need coded

·
Ultimation
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the OEM projector xenons plug right in and just need coded with the auto logic software theres no need to got to the hassle of HID kits on the mini, sometimes they dont even need coded
how much are OEM projector xenons and were would i get them form?
cheers
chris

·
Registered
95 Posts
They're about £540 from a dealer!!!

·
Mini Torque
2,033 Posts
how much are OEM projector xenons and were would i get them form?
cheers
chris
Ebay, mini breakers, or as said there about 540 form the dealers which on balance is a lot, but when you consider its only a little bit more than the ultra projectors and an HID kits worth it imo

·
Mini Torque
2,033 Posts
And you need Headlight washers and self levelling system too :rolleyes:
i think we all know that :p :rolleyes: it isnt going to stop us the oem halogens are shocking

the diff is you can add these if you use the oem system, while if you plum for stright HID's you cant, id rather run OEM's as HID's and add the washers and levelers when i can later than just an aftermarket kit

·
Registered
95 Posts
i think we all know that :p :rolleyes: it isnt going to stop us the oem halogens are shocking

the diff is you can add these if you use the oem system, while if you plum for stright HID's you cant, id rather run OEM's as HID's and add the washers and levelers when i can later than just an aftermarket kit
These are my thoughts too.
The beauty of the OEM xenons, is that they have washer built into the headlight. So, if you can get hold of some headlights, all you need to do is plumb in the washers & wire up the self levellers.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts