MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Mini2 saved my life
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is really boring folks, but I was wondering what the best way to pay for the mini is, and are there any stumbling blocks I should look out for?

I don't blame you if you dont reply!! Yawn

·
Registered
22,101 Posts
best and easiest way if you are paying cash is a bankers draft. Its a guarenteed cheque from the bank that doesnt have to be cleared and they dont have to drag you down the bank to pay it in for the dealers as most will with cash!

Thats the way I did it and it worked without a hitch!

Paul

·
Registered
5,329 Posts
I say Switch.

When I bought the MINI dealer would only take Switc there and then and let me drive off with the car. They said a bankers draft would have to be deposited and cleared before they would give me the car.

·
Driven like its stolen
260 Posts
my dealer let me pay with a normal cheque, but then we have bought 5 or 6 BMW's from him, my sisters Mini One, and my dad had taken delivery of a 645 soft top 4 days earlier, the familys credit is pretty good there - oh and apparently my step mum is getting a x3 diesel as soon as they are shipped

·
Registered
9,661 Posts
With a Credit card with good loyalty reward system!!!! :D

And then pay the balance off the following month ;)

·
Grumpometer: OFF SCALE
6,836 Posts
Dealers probably take switch, mine did, as dealer only pays a flat fee of say 20-40 pence to card company, but with credit card its a percentage of sale value, typically 1-2% so I think its no chance on credit card unless you pay handling charge.

·
Mini2 saved my life
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks folks that's kinda how i've been thinking.

Seems crazy to be able to pay for 17.5k car (ouch!) on switch, but hey it seems the easiest way.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Using a debit card (Switch/Maestro or Visa Delta) is a good idea , but it's worthwhile letting your bank know in advance that you're expecting to put a large transaction on your card to avoid authorisation problems.

·
Registered
9,661 Posts
MarkL said:
Using a debit card (Switch/Maestro or Visa Delta) is a good idea , but it's worthwhile letting your bank know in advance that you're expecting to put a large transaction on your card to avoid authorisation problems.

I wouldn't-It will keep them on their toes ;)

·
Registered
440 Posts
minisoopercooper said:
Must be different with each dealer then as the bankers draft was my dealers preferred way of doing it. And a bankers draft is Cleared funds!

Paul
We don't release goods until drafts have cleared in our jewellers. We've had problems before.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
About this Discussion
17 Replies
13 Participants
marrsbar
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing