MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought my first Mini -- 2002 with 44,000 miles -- the guys in town who have the fancy computers (foreign engine mechanics) say that the brake light *always on* means the car needs a new brake computer ($1,000 installed). The former owner said the Mini dealer told him to ignore it (he thinks the ABS works just fine, the mechanic said if it needs a new computer, the ABS might be compromised).

Former owner says these "brake computers" can be found, refurbished, on e-bay -- what would it be CALLED? I can probably find someone to install it (foreign engine guy won't put in a refurbished anything).

Also, are there air bags IN the seats? I have some pimpin' seat covers in "zebra" I'd like to put on -- and I bought my first "mod" -- a frontplate in the British fashion that says ZumbaGrrl :biggrin:

Any other thoughts about what my sweetie needs besides an aggressive detailing?

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I didn't know we could ask advice about a name for the car (I dodn't realize it needed one, but obviously) -- any thoughts??

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
*so embarrassed*

I have been trying to take that advice & find the banter forums . . . but I can't! How come I don't get hit by a bus crossing the street? And I have a PhD! :aargh:

I'm going to search for it in the little search box & then I'm going to give up . . . unless you can help me?

Thanks,

Zumbagrrl

·
Registered
4 Posts
Zebra Interior

Hiya Zumbagrrl
The Zebra Interior sounds very striking, got any pics of them? Im a new mini owner too and there are so many mix and match mods you can make its hard to know what to do without going over the top. I was going to go for the Union Jack wing mirrors but discovered someone else at work has the same colour car as me and has beaten me to it. so hard to be original these days!
Turborollerskate :biggrin:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts