Registered
5,722 Posts
It looks like a bruised Banana :D :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Edited.

All numbers are fictitious to protect the identities of the innocent. Any similarities to any plates living or dead is purely coincidental.

Do you think I would be buying a MINI if I could afford "M2"?

You do?

:D

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
Im not being funny......but the M2(motorway) would cost millions to own & maintain :D :D :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
81 Posts
DIY

Did you fit them your self if you did what are the corners like at the front my white on green one where a nightmare and are still not 100%

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I fitted them and I know what you mean. Vinyl will bend around a curve in one plane, but only a limited amount in two.

From the outset I planned the squares to fit with the least amount of bend needed. To reduce the front corner problem I planned the edge of the square to meet at the corner of the roof. The remaining vinyl would only have to bend down in a forward direction. Also as the corner square is cut to a thin point it will bend easily. The centre front was also a problem as a bend went both left, right and up/down. This problem was reduced by leaving a blank perimeter of about 2 cm to border the chequers around the front and side edges of the entire roof.

The aerial square was also planned to be blank.

The squares were cut with 22.9mm sides. A very dilute mix of water and washing -up liquid was used. This was carefully misted on. Too much and too strong and the vinyl will not stick down. I used the wax side of the backing paper to rub the hard plastic squeegee on. This prevents scratching to the vinyl and roof.

It is important to squeegee with a fairly hard pressure to remove all the trapped water and air. Bubbles spoil the job.
I would suggest that you should also ideally use a wax remover to aid adhesion if you find that they will not still stick down.

I found out the hard way. I ended up having to replace nearly all the squares due to this problem. The old squares effectively removed the wax. The new squares stick perfectly.

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
Sounds nice & easy :D :D :D :D

BTW

How much did they set you back :confused: :confused:
(If you dont mind me asking ;) )

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cost: £55 for roof in black satin vynyl inc 50% extra as spares. Numbers were £15 the pair.

Telephone number is 0800 0562910. They do mail order too. They are moving to Gt Yarmouth so I have been told not to expect the 0800 number to be working for about 14 days.

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
Can they make any design :confused: :confused: :confused: :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts