MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Goog News Everyone !

Today I had my Cooper's brake calipers painted in yellow to match my car. And the result is fantastic, Now my cooper looks like a true sports car with the "16 White painted Star Wheels, fast and dangerous. For thosae of you who wants to know where I got this point, the answer is Folia Tec and it is just $30. I'll be posting some pictures tomorrow then you'll see what I mean. About the warranty issue, I asked the supervisor in my BMW Dealer, they told me that the brakes are still under warranty as long as you paint them without demonting the calipers, so I had them painted while they were fit on the car. Cheers:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

·
Lights are on but...
10,330 Posts
Hmmm does anyone know where this can be done in Britain? I think Red Calipers would look the dogs on a black Mini, although with the 17's you probably couldn't see them. Anyone with 16's and a black mini thought about it? (Colin??)

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
You can buy brake caliper paint in Halfords :)
Monsta has painted his calipers red :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

·
MINI2 Global Moderator
4,566 Posts
Damo said:
Hmmm does anyone know where this can be done in Britain? I think Red Calipers would look the dogs on a black Mini, although with the 17's you probably couldn't see them. Anyone with 16's and a black mini thought about it? (Colin??)
I painted my calipers ages ago!

Just get some engine laquer (heat proof paint) from Halfords and off you go!

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
See I told you :D :D :D :D :D

·
Lights are on but...
10,330 Posts
Cool! I have to sy I'm not a big fan of DIY jobs, but I can't see how you can go wrong with that. Is it a spray or a Brush paint? Brush would be better, as I don't fancy having to take the calipers off to spray, or leaving them on to get red brake discs :rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
its a brush jobbie I think :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
I suppose you want something like this :D :D :D :D :cool:
only £340 :eek: :eek:

Attachments

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
And last but not least, there's aluminium, £410 :)

Attachments

·
MINI2 Global Moderator
4,566 Posts
Damo said:
Cool! I have to sy I'm not a big fan of DIY jobs, but I can't see how you can go wrong with that. Is it a spray or a Brush paint? Brush would be better, as I don't fancy having to take the calipers off to spray, or leaving them on to get red brake discs :rolleyes:
It is a brush job, and it looks really good, you can't see the brush marks.

:D

·
Lights are on but...
10,330 Posts
smiffy said:
its a brush jobbie I think :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
I suppose you want something like this :D :D :D :D :cool:
only £340 :eek: :eek:
Only £340 what a bargain! All i have to do now is save up for the Ferrari for them to go on ;)

I think it'll be a DIY on thjis. Can't see it being that difficult. Got to wait for Mini yet tho :(

How long did it take you Monsta?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Dries Fast!!!

Pain jop took 20 minutes with a thin brush and then I left them drying for 2 hours. After that I put the wheels back and off you go, that's it !!!!

Damo said:

Only £340 what a bargain! All i have to do now is save up for the Ferrari for them to go on ;)

I think it'll be a DIY on thjis. Can't see it being that difficult. Got to wait for Mini yet tho :(

:) :)

·
MINI2 Global Moderator
4,566 Posts
Damo said:

I painted mine in about 10 minutes (each one) and put the wheels back on straight away (being careful not to get paint on them) The paint is fairly thick when it starts drying so it won't drip on the alloys.

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
They also do Gold paint :D :D :D :D
Gold brake calipers on a Black MINI :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Does painting your calipers serve any other purpose than asthetics? Does it make 'em last longer? For example, why do the fancy sports car companies paint theirs?

P.S. If it is just for asthetics, someone should paint MINI on theirs too.

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
You have a choice of Red, yellow, Blue, Silver, black, Gold & Green :)

1 - 20 of 58 Posts