MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Blood caffeine level: 83%
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone sick of these now?

Just picked up my MCS and handed over the keys to my old cooper *sniff*. But I'm finding it hard to describe just how good the new one is. The car sounds beautiful, especially the exhaust popping. It feels somewhat heavier than my cooper but the power boost more than makes up for it. I'm working late tonight so I've been asking people if they want to go down to Tescos, just for an excuse to drive :).

The run-in period is going to kill me, but I still managed to get the back end out on a roundabout (not intentionally, wasn't expecting it to pick up as quickly as it did).

I'll get some pics up tomorrow evening...

·
Now answering to Lady J!
10,271 Posts
Enjoy the car!! Like you I own a Cooper and am now waiting for my S - not getting it til next year!!! Going for an 05 plate. Luckily a friend works for Mini and I get to drive his S from time to time as I don't know how I am going to wait. Already boring people discussing what options to have!!! Currently going for HB/W, chilli pack, auto air con, full leather, Boost and CD, visibility package - think thats it!!! Anything else anyone thinks I ought to add????

have fun driving!!!

·
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Get the chrome line interior, it makes the inside look a million times better. And this is coming from someone who really hates chrome :).

·
Kaptain Krutaroo
390 Posts
Add body color and chrome

It looks truly amazing - add half leather and half cloth - otherwise known as LOTH or CLEATHER - and it looks BRILLANT!

·
Now answering to Lady J!
10,271 Posts
was told the chrome line doesn't look very good with the Alloy Patina - what colour interior works best with chrome line? this was on my original spec, but keep changing my mind!!! Oh well as I won't ahve the care til March I figure I have time to change my spec!!!

·
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
wildchild jules said:
was told the chrome line doesn't look very good with the Alloy Patina - what colour interior works best with chrome line? this was on my original spec, but keep changing my mind!!! Oh well as I won't ahve the care til March I figure I have time to change my spec!!!
I have it with Alloy Patina; it looks very nice indeed. There was a car at the NEC Motor Show with that spec (which is the reason I changed) and if you search the forums for some "chrome line interior" threads you should be able to find pics.

·
Now answering to Lady J!
10,271 Posts
Thanks for the suggestions - will check out the piccies to look for a chrome line interior. Keep thinking abut the HK stereo but don't know what to do! There are too many options!!! Could deliberate over them all for hours! Have changed the colour once since I placed the order! Gone from DS/W to HB/W - no doubt this will change again! Not going for CR/W as this is what my Cooper is at the moment! Just want it to arrive!!!!

·
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
First pic

My sister took this. I'll get a few more later when I can steal her digicam ;).

·
///M Power
5,066 Posts
Augustus said:
My sister took this. I'll get a few more later when I can steal her digicam ;).

That looks almost like my mini will be :) apart from I’ve gone with a white roof and strips…. Looks great and makes me look forward to mine even more.

Cheers for the pics :)

·
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
If only. I'm only 23 and the insurance on the MCS is bad enough already. Might do it next year ;).

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
About this Discussion
17 Replies
10 Participants
Augustus
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing