MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Looking good in MOC
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:rolleyes: I woke up this morning feeling like crap (for a change) only to find a nice mini envelope sitting on my door mat. To my suprise it was yet another recall.

The following is a copy of the letter.

Vehicle Recall 0023200100

"Quality monitoring at MIINI has revelaed the oil level in the manual transmission of your vehicle may be too low. An insufficient oil level can lead to premature ageing of the transmission oil, which was selected for its suitability in terms of the expected service life of the vehicle. This in turn could cause shifting problems and transmission noise. To ensure that your vehicle is in perfect condition, we would therefore like to check the oil level in the manual transmission and top it up if necessary. You are therefore kindly requested to make an appointment in the near future with our Service Advisor, Mrs ........

We will of course be pleased to have this appointment arranged at a time convenient to yourself. It will take apporximatley 30 minutes to check the transmission oil level and top it up if necessary. This work will naturally be free of charge."

Why couldn't this have been checked when it was in for it's airbag recall a week and ahalf ago?

Anyone else had this letter?

·
Registered
413 Posts
Unfortunately for you the two different problems and the associated testing/problem solving probably had a different timescale, and it was just by chance that they came to a decision on what to do on a similar date.

Its annoying, but hey, i own a french car, imagine what thats like!

-Rob

·
I like MINIs I do
331 Posts
It is very very annoying. My MINI has been at BMW since Tuesday, I've got a MINI One as a courtesy car. I think it's actually spent more time at the dealer than with me... :| At least the MINI One is brand new. Annoyingly the gear changes are looser (read easier) than my MCS though. Still, it's not perfect - it makes a hideous noise when I put it in reverse! At least mine don't do that ;)

·
Registered
437 Posts
I think I know...

That's probably why my car was held up at the VPC for 3 weeks in September. My dealer told me that there was an oil problem and they had to ship in new oil from Germany to fix the problem. I thought that was a bunch of crap.

Was your car produced in August? Mine was week 34 and apparently a bunch of cars in the US at that time were held up before delivery to fix "an oil problem."

·
Registered
8 Posts
We had this recall notice early this week. Car went into Sytners in Leicester today and it only took around 20 minutes to do the 'work'. I do not know what they did to the car but I guess that there have been some people with gearbox problems. You also mentioned another recall for an airbag problem. We have not seen this - was if for specific build date cars or was it model / spec specific? :red:

·
Looking good in MOC
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No idea about the air bag recall. I just got a phone call and then arranged for it to go in. Got it back a few days later. (They were waiting for a new boost cd which they still havn't fitted).

·
Registered
8 Posts
Guess what - had another call from the dealer today. The car went in on Friday for its gearbox oil level recall and it has got to go back again! BMW have called the dealer today and informed them that the check needs to be carried out cold. Therefore the car needs to go back again and be left overnight so that the engine/gearbox/oil can cool down. So, another loss of the car for a couple of days. :mad:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts