MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Only Unbalanced
924 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Week 45 build date turned into an actual October 25th build date. Now, motoring to the pier, a short ocean voyage, sitting at the VPC in lovely-this-time-of-year Newark, a short ride up Rte 17 and I've got a set of new wheels!

And Oct 25th is my daughters birthday too. How appropriate!

·
fun fun fun!
206 Posts
hey,
when did your car go into the "schedualed for production stage?" and just wondering how long it took for ON Order to "supposed delivery date?" thanks

·
Registered
127 Posts
Congratulations!

I am waiting on a build date. Was told it would be week 45. Please let us know when you take delivery.

·
Premium Member
7,989 Posts
DUCTTAPE said:
I checked last week and it was still on order. Today it showed scheduled. It could have said it sooner, but I didn't check. The dealer told me the build date.
You only check once a week!?

Will you be taking this new convertible to Hudson Bay next Feb?

·
Registered
295 Posts
Here's a tip for tracking your baby

When you have a VIN number don't believe the MINIUSA Owner's Lounge status - it is usually a couple of weeks behind -
go to
www.2wglobal.com

click on 'Cargo tracking"

click on 'Auto Cargo'

enter your VIN Number and it will show the status of your shipment.

It will show the vessel that your MINI will be on and if you click on the Voyage Number it shows the Itinerary which gives the dates of departure and arrival at the ports.

My MCSC is arriving in NYC on Nov 3rd on the Cypress Pass and I should be picking it up at Towne MINI in Buffalo on Nov 10-12th.

·
Only Unbalanced
924 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
rmorin said:
I am waiting on a build date. Was told it would be week 45. Please let us know when you take delivery.
Landed at the Port in NJ today, and tomorrow the ship sails to Baltimore, so I imagine my MINI is on Terra Firma now.

Hopefully, next week?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Mine just left Southampton today, how much longer??

My Cabrio left the UK today and is due in NY on 11/25. How long does it take from the port to the VPC and then to the dealer?

·
Registered
295 Posts
rmorin said:
My Cabrio left the UK today and is due in NY on 11/25. How long does it take from the port to the VPC and then to the dealer?
rmorin,
The port IS the VPC see
http://www.neautoterminal.com/
the ship arrives at the NEAT North East Auto Marine Terminal and offloads the cars directly into the Processing center. The website gives you all the details of the facility.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Only two days from VPC to the dealer?! That's great! Gives me hope that I will see my MCSC before the end of the year. BTW, the car looks fantastic. :)

·
Premium Member
7,989 Posts
Great pics and great looking car - the body color interior panels look fabulous :)
Will your NAV system know the way to Hudson Bay?

·
Only Unbalanced
924 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thank you!

It didn't last time. Totally useless. Showed me driving in the rivers, roads where there weren't and no way to get directions.

To quote my (the English lady) friend, "you are not traveling on a digitized road"

I can still hear her. I SO much prefer her voice to the Brooklynese of the American voice "Hey, you, toyn left"

BMW? Are you listening? I want my English voice back!

d

·
Registered
295 Posts
Ducttape,
Your orange convertible looks FABULOUS.
It will go well with my Black Eye Purple MCSC on the Hudson Bay run in Feb.
I wish you all the best with your new car!
Happy Motoring

PS the warning flip-box over the buttons to control the top are a great conversation starter. It makes you feel like you are pushing the button to launch a nuclear missile :D :D :D

·
Only Unbalanced
924 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Purple was my other, labor-over choice.

Problem was, I wanted HOT orange, (no, REAL hot orange) like the 1970's 2002, or, PURPLE.

BMW, in my opinion, really held back the throttle on this one. And that's surprising, considering how forward they are with marketing the car, etc. I mean, what would it hurt to offer an off the wall loud color, and not just the speeding ticket red?

I love the hatch too. Reminds me of the 'ejector seat' button that came in all my cars. At least, until my kids grew up and knew I was pulling their leg

I can't wait for HB either. Let's try to get some other Cabriols to join in. I just mentioned it to Randall, in Maryland, who sneakily replied with no mention of the trip...

·
Registered
127 Posts
Hudson Bay Trip

Ducttape, you are one brave guy! I checked out your website to get the details on your trip! I wish I had the time and guts to do it with you guys. Hope you are considering a spare tire and running some good all season tires! Don't forget to post more pics after you pick up your car. Happy Motoring.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts