MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Moderator & Sponsor
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone fancy one?

Now that the weather isn't quite so grotty, I for one feel the need to get out into the Yorkshire Dales for a burn around some twisty lanes, frighten some sheep and some locals and then retire to a local hostelry (hopefully one without pentagrams on the floor and shifty looking customers) and slump in front of a roaring log fire..

any takers?..

suggested dates, venues etc below please..:)

·
MINI2 Lurker + Sponsor
1,208 Posts
If I still have a MINI by the time you meet up (possibly won't beyond 30th Jan), count me in too.

·
Moderator & Sponsor
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cmt said:
If I still have a MINI by the time you meet up (possibly won't beyond 30th Jan), count me in too.
Hi Colin,

It's unlikely to be before Mid Feb, going by the general 'unreadiness' of Yorkshire folk the last time I tried to arrange a meet..;);)

If you've off-loaded your car by then will you be getting another?..and could you be driving a loan MINI by then anyway?..

·
Registered
298 Posts
The fun to be had.

Just think a loan car, how nice to drive a car thats not yours.

neway, the meet sounds good! I do enjoy driving fast, so keep us informed would ya.

Mark

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

·
Registered
26 Posts
Oi!

It's unlikely to be before Mid Feb, going by the general 'unreadiness' of Yorkshire folk the last time I tried to arrange a meet..
Oi! I resemble that comment!

Please keep me posted. If I'm Leeds-based when the meet happens, I'll be there (the meet, not Leeds) (unless the meet *is* in Leeds). If I'm Glasgow-based, I won't be there (neither the meet nor Leeds).

I hope that's clear.

·
Moderator & Sponsor
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: Oi!

Jonathan said:

Oi! I resemble that comment!

Please keep me posted. If I'm Leeds-based when the meet happens, I'll be there (the meet, not Leeds) (unless the meet *is* in Leeds). If I'm Glasgow-based, I won't be there (neither the meet nor Leeds).

I hope that's clear.
Clear as my windsreen Jonathon..;)

'Lighbody' is arranging a meet in the Glasgow area if you can't do Yorkshire. I'm leaning towards arranging this for mid Feb at the moment to give people time to get sorted. Possible venue so far is Reeth (I've never been but apparently the journey there is particularly twist-turny and ends at a great pub!) We'd have to congregate somewhere before-hand though, so I'll have a browse on multimap.com and see if there's anywhere suitably public for us to show off!..:)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Yorkshire meeting

Hi Dogger
16th or 17 of Feb. is my next weekend off.

I was thinking of a trip up past Patley Bridge, to a nice pub/restaurant and then onto the Black sheep brewery - Interested ??

If enough people are interested I was thinking of doing a treasure hunt - £X to enter with a prize and some money going to Paul to run this site ??!?!

Chris

·
Moderator & Sponsor
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: Yorkshire meeting

Cooperman said:
Hi Dogger
16th or 17 of Feb. is my next weekend off.

I was thinking of a trip up past Patley Bridge, to a nice pub/restaurant and then onto the Black sheep brewery - Interested ??

If enough people are interested I was thinking of doing a treasure hunt - £X to enter with a prize and some money going to Paul to run this site ??!?!

Chris
So how about this everyone?.... Sunday Feb 17th?

A MINI adventure, Prizes and a piss up in a brewery to boot..what more do you want??

·
Registered
108 Posts
Yorkshire Meet

Are potential MINI owners welcome to this meet, or only current owners?

GeoffP

Waiting for my second 'S'.

·
Moderator & Sponsor
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Re: Yorkshire Meet

GeoffP said:
Are potential MINI owners welcome to this meet, or only current owners?

GeoffP

Waiting for my second 'S'.
Of course Geoff! We MINI owners are a friendly crowd providing you don't talk about drifting..;)

You can park your little yellow peril next to mine! :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Count me in

Count me in. I'll be there. Unless I'm in Glasgow, of course (see above).

·
Registered
36 Posts
Will yoube there ??

Hello
If you are coming to the Yorkshire meet on the 17th of Feb. could you, please, send me an email so I can keep you up to date directly ?

[email protected]

We shall meet just North of Harrogate at around 10.00, do 1/2 the treasure hunt, have lunch, complete the treasure hunt in Masham and then visit the Black Shep brewery.

Chris

·
Registered
108 Posts
Re: Re: Yorkshire Meet

Dogger said:

Of course Geoff! We MINI owners are a friendly crowd providing you don't talk about drifting..;)

You can park your little yellow peril next to mine! :)
Good. I hope to be there. I will make sure Buttercup has had a good wash!

·
Moderator & Sponsor
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just getting this back to the top!

Chris - could you post some general times/directions/costs if you get chance, for those of us who only have intermittent e-mail access? :)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Times and costings

OK
I thought we'd meet at around 10:30 just north of Harrogate (first lay-bay on the B6165 west of the A61 - Ripley Castle), £5 to enter treasure hunt (50% to winner 50% to MINI2/Paul), Lunch at Ramsgill, just north of Patley Bridge (Cost - around £10 a head for sunday lunch - depends on what you eat/drink !!), complete treasure hunt at Black Sheep Brewery, Masham (A6108)(£3 to get in + FREE sample) end at around 4 pm ??

Chris

·
Registered
36 Posts
Number so far

Forgot to say - 6 cars say yes for definate - so far

Chris

·
Moderator & Sponsor
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Sounds good to me..I've just reruited a co-driver so I'm definately a definate now!

If anyone in the Leeds area would like to right shot-gun, let me know!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Count me and the clan in guys.

If those of us from the Red Rose side are also welcome?:D :cool: :D

·
Moderator & Sponsor
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Applejack said:
Count me and the clan in guys.

If those of us from the Red Rose side are also welcome?:D :cool: :D
Of course you're welcome...just don't mention Henry Tudor and we'll get on fine..;)

Long memory?..me?..;):)

1 - 20 of 38 Posts