MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI Guys,

Today I went down to my bmw-mini dealer about a complaint from my transmission. The problem was, it wasn't changing to reverse as it did before. And I needed a second clutch push to change it succesfully. Besides, the transmission was making a horrible noise when I was changing from first to second in high rpms like 6000rpm and above. I thought the problem was a simple clutch setting or something like which wouldn't take so much time and money. But, what my dealers's mechanics told me was that they have to change the whole transmisson because of that problem. When I asked them what could have caused that problem they told me that is was because of fast gear changing in high rpms which made the transmission suffer.
Bottom line guys, if I were you I wouldn't be so rough wýth my transmission because, it seems they are much more fragile than we think...Shame on BMW !

Car Specs: Mini Cooper 2100miles:mad:

·
Lights are on but...
10,330 Posts
My mate had same problem with his Saxo VTR, he had 2 new gearboxes. Not sure if your's wasw the same reason but my mate didn't let his car run in first. He deny's he ragged his car but I was in the car when he was ragging it the day he got it. Anyway after he calmed down a bit after the econd gear box he didn't sem to have any more poblems. But I can't comment any further as he traded it in last week for a VTS.

Truthfully, did you run your car in properly? Although can't see why it should effect the gearbox i thought it was for the engine running in?

·
...where´s the any-key?
23,182 Posts
Damo said:
Truthfully, did you run your car in properly? Although can't see why it should effect the gearbox i thought it was for the engine running in?
You should give the gearbox at least 300 miles to run in.

LMB:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts