MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just out of interest (not that it matters) what age are you guys that have or are expecting JCW's. I'm 26... I know I'm not that old but when I drive Mini's in general (any model), it makes me feel 10 years younger!

I always find it unbelieveable that the Mini brand is so diverse (even the original mini), they look kinda cute appealing to females, while the JCW kit beefs it up quite a bit appealing to the lads. But even more so I'm surprised what an age range there is (with any mini model, hence the question). I don't think I can think of another (cool) car with such diversity. I mean a lot of guys have had problems especially with R56's but that said, they're still passionate about Mini's. Rover/BMW obviously did a fantastic job of grasping what the original mini was all about even if its twice the size and twice the price (probably, don't quote me on that).

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It's my first Mini.

Have always driven Alfa Romeo's in the past but much prefer what I've just ordered.

My mini on order is almost full spec with Nav, DAB, TV, Panaramic roof, Chilli etc.
That'll be one ace car, ;) although I couldn't persuade myself to prise another 7 grand outa my wallet for fully specced car. But I was certainly tempted with the panoramic sunroof and Sat Nav. My previous (secondhand) MCS only had chilli pack and larger wheels, so got a couple more luxuries on this one.

When is it due?

·
Registered
40 Posts
That'll be one ace car, ;) although I couldn't persuade myself to prise another 7 grand outa my wallet for fully specced car. But I was certainly tempted with the panoramic sunroof and Sat Nav. My previous (secondhand) MCS only had chilli pack and larger wheels, so got a couple more luxuries on this one.

When is it due?
Its due on the 16th of December.

It's an expensive christmas present to myself but can't wait :)

When is yours due?

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Its due on the 16th of December.

It's an expensive christmas present to myself but can't wait :)

When is yours due?
Mine's due sometime this week... can't wait!

I will miss my R53 MCS tho, had no problems with it and still leaves other cars standing. But I'm in need of something a little more special (speed wise). The missus got a bit scared on the test drive with the JCW, and wanted us to keep the R53. I just couldn't resist the tempation after the test tho! Sounds lovely too!

·
Registered
566 Posts
We are both "due" this week, I wonder who will go into labour first?

I lay awake last night imagining him going round the track hours after I left Oxford and feeling like an expectant mother, doubt I will sleep til I get the call to say hes there.

I was all set to keep Swiper (05 mcs works) as I still love him to bits but just like you Matt the test drive blew me away, I even scared myself. Still abit worried about missing the supercharger, but my dealer assures me that will only last about 30 seconds once I step into my new car..........

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
37 Perhaps i need to grow up and get a sesible car - eeerrr naaah
People on mini2 seem to have already tried moving to sensible cars, but have sold up and bought another mini purely because they're so fun to drive. There are loads of manufacturers that have much better build quality or sexy looking interiors or performance, but Mini's have something that none of the other contenders have - a personality! That is what appeals to so many age groups and both sexes...:D

I don't care that the JCW has torque steer, or maybe some parts are not built fantastically, or that the interior isn't as good looking as a vw scirocco's, ;) (remind me of this when it's in the garage more than on the road!).

·
Registered
86 Posts
I am 34. Have done sensible cars mainly VW and BMW and after driving the MINI you realise sensible can mean boring! This is the 1st time I have had the same car twice running albeit R53MCS then JCW.
It makes you feel younger and it always puts a smile on your face whether driving or admiring.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts