MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
21,702 Posts
Whoooa thats bright! :D

You'd definately not forget where you parked it in a carpark! :p

I think it looks good actually - lets put it this way what other car could get away with being black and having a bright yellow roof? ;)

G

·
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah! I know what you mean, I had similar colours on an old cooper years ago. Pretty cool I reckon!

G

·
Discussion Starter #5
supa-dupa-cooper said:
Just out of interest and nosiness :p where did you get the respray and how much did it cost?
It was done by the dealer. WOOD of Salisbury. Cost was (cant get my pound sign to work!!) 700+ Mainly for the rear spoiler and ariel to be removed and stuff. The colour is a printing tone called Pantone Yellow. Matches my companys Logo etc. It is a lovely finish as are the bonnet stripes, they done a cracking job. My brother is the Parts manager there and really looked after me (and they only quoted me 350 so they had to stump up the difference as they quoted me in writing!)

Altogether a real head turner!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Another local then, just down the road from you in Romsey, about 15-18miles away :)

Sure not going to miss you if I see you around ! :p

Your right that its one of the few cars that could carry the colours off :D

·
Registered
201 Posts
Wow, that is different! Oddly enough, I think it works and it certainly is distinctive. I can imagine a MINI race car painted like that.

·
Now answering to Lady J!
10,271 Posts
Wow!! That looks so different but does look good. Am not a huge yellow fan but really like that! At least people will know its you as there won't be many like that on the road!!!

·
A GinGer ******
108 Posts
You're a braver man than me mate! ;)

I played it safe and went for dark grey/black roof

·
SCNM misfit
3,304 Posts
t'bolts said:
Recently took delivery of my MCS in black with custom yellow roof & stripes.

Your opinion on the yellow?
Wow........love it :cool: :D :cool:

Hey as you and LordNikon are around these parts why not both of you join the South Coast New Mini Club (SCNM)? just look in Community section Uk & Ireland and join up by posting in our roll call thread: http://www.mini2.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34881

We have lots of runs in the area.........love to see the car for real :D

·
The Red Fox
4,979 Posts
Well t*bolts is down for the Horse Killing run next thursday...probably best not say that as err...driving past the meet point tonight for that run, there was a dead pony ( :eek: :rolleyes: :( ) so yeah LordNikon, why don't you come down and join us on Thursday at Picket's Post services on the A31 for a New Forest run....promises to be wicked mate!

Hopefully see you both there!

And nice car t*bolts! Definitely bringing the camera on Thursday to take some pictures of it!

·
MINININININININI!
225 Posts
First impression....what... nooo!!

But when you spend about 10 + seconds looking it actually looks great, different I'll give you that, but good because of it!

Just avoid the amber street lights, they might make the yellow look an odd orange!!

Enjoy

1 - 20 of 26 Posts