MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to know everyones opinion on soe modification ideas i have.

1. Tint front windows
2. Fit 4 spotlights instead of 2
3. Replace existing headlights with black ones
4. Viper stripes on front and rear but not the roof as it has custom paint job

What do you think?

Some pictures of the MINI at the moment

Mark

·
Mini Youngster
2,437 Posts

1. Tint front windows

What do you think?

Some pictures of the MINI at the moment

Mark
Yes to tinting the front windows.
Yes to fitting black headlights as it will tie in really well with your headlight rings.
4 spotlights always look good but i dont know which I like better.

Not sure about the viper stripes.

nice car by the way:D

·
MiNi2 dEmOn
841 Posts
I would put the money to a Cooper S!!! LOL only joking!!!

Get the front windows tinted and remove the sun visor strip...it looks chavy!

Stick with the 2 spot lights they look awesome.

Black Viper stripes would make it look so mean!!

Black headlights are a must!!!!

Nice car and article in MM!!!!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah the car was in MM but was owned by a friend of mine then, he has since downgraded to a derv vauxhall.

The roof is a house of kolor metal flake so I dont want to put any graphics on it.

Sef how much are you looking for for your cooper s seats mate.

·
ECMC Addict
801 Posts
Mark,
I'd put a light smoke tint if any on the fronts, if you go much darker you'll just have the police on your case all the time. Do the headlights, as they looked great when Dan had it. Vipers??? not sure maybe somehting radical like a green to match the roof ????? or is that just too far out
:) Mark

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, certainly somed mixed ideas. Is there anyone here who is clever enough to photoshop for lights or the viper stripes on so i can get an idea what it would look like. Or does anyone know of an indi blue car that has this already

Cheers Mark

·
MINI One Seven
4,107 Posts
I'd refit the back wiper - in the winter you'll wish you had it! Minis are notorious for getting dirty at the back!:)

·
Where does that road go?
12,574 Posts
Ok. :)

1. Tint front windows
Don't do it. The MINI is already at the legal limit for tints forward from the B-pillar. Not worth the police hassle in my opinion.

Not necessary and overkill in my opinion, but 4 spots can look good provided the spacing is correct.

You mean the smoked lights? In theory it would work with the black headlamp rings and aero kit but it might be a bit OTT.

Which colour vipers? I don't think you need them.

I'd refit the back wiper - in the winter you'll wish you had it! Minis are notorious for getting dirty at the back!:)
What he said. ;)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Latest modification, new number plate, not completely legal but who cares :D

Just need to fill the 7 holes in the bumper where the old one used to be.

·
THE STICK
3,902 Posts
urr no to the front tints, unless you want the fuzz stopping you every time you drive it. The factory tint the fronts as much as is legal and safe, tinting any more means you are breaking the law! OK for a show but if you are going to drive on the roads don't do it, your insurance will be void!

·
MINI One Seven
4,107 Posts
Go for it! Just make sure that the front windows meet the criteria - its about 35% I think. As long as you stay within the law you'll be ok. MINI windows are no where near as dark as the limit - I think that they are about 5%. Still, I'm sure that it'll look good. Not sure about the new numberplate, or the black lights, but go for what you want - be an individual!;)

·
Banned
50,323 Posts
Latest modification, new number plate, not completely legal but who cares :D

Just need to fill the 7 holes in the bumper where the old one used to be.

Sorry but I don't see the point in modifications which make a car illegal for the road, which then will give you hassle come MOT time, and invalidate your insurance policy:rolleyes:

But if you're willing to do this then I can understand why you are thinking of having tints which are also illegal to match your number plate and rear lights:rolleyes:

Why not weld the doors shut in a Dukes of Hazzard way, another illegal mod which is totally pointless;)

·
Banned
50,323 Posts
Go for it! Just make sure that the front windows meet the criteria - its about 35% I think. As long as you stay within the law you'll be ok. MINI windows are no where near as dark as the limit - I think that they are about 5%. Still, I'm sure that it'll look good. Not sure about the new numberplate, or the black lights, but go for what you want - be an individual!;)
MINI windows are just under the limit, any added tint is illegal!

1 - 20 of 47 Posts