MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, here's an update:

My car is finally at the dealer yesterday, i'm very excited, cancel my afternoon clinic, I drive 1.5 hours to go there, and when I get there i find:

the wrong interior dash color (i ordered body color orange, i get anthracite)
no chrono pack that I ordered

this is already after i realized that they had orderered the wrong wheels.

So what would you all do next??

· I can't spell
2,868 Posts
I am so fearful of this, as the OL doesn't list any of the options that I chose. I called ASKMINI and confirmed all the options however they just say 17 inch wheels.I have a fear my MCSC will come with the wrong wheels as my MA didn't even know you could get the 17 inch S-lites for the convertible and just assumed I meant the new 5 star ones.
Did the dealership offer up anything due to the fact this car was not correct? Or did they have a take it or leave it attitude?
If it were just the dash color I would say take it, but if you were set on having the Chrono pack then I would demand they work something out for you.

· Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, here's what happened...

I have had problems from the start. It became obvious in the months from June to now that the MA I was dealing with had no idea what he was doing.

The OL never showed my listed options that I had ordered (the box was blank).

The MA and dealership never faxed me a copy of my contract listing the things that I had ordered (all of this was done over the phone since the delaer is so far away, I had never ordered a MIni before, so I didn't know the exact protocol).

My car was in this country on Sept 3rd, and the car arrived at the dealer Sept 30!! The whole time the dealer had no idea what was taking so long, and when the car finally arrived there were the obvious faults.

So..... I was kinda crazy when I drove up and saw this. The were going to offer me free floor mats to start with!! Floor mats!! :mad:

What I ended up doing was getting $1000 off the price. With the floor mats and free stuffed toys for my kids.

In the end, I really liked the anthracite dash/doors. And original speedo (not chrono pack) works out just great. Took about 10 minutes into the drive home to be fully happy, and at least feel like I had a good deal.

And when I got home to read every page in the owner's manual about my 2005 MCSC, I realized that they had given me the owner's manual for a 2003 Mini Cooper hardtop!! Perfect ending.... :rolleyes:

· Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
howardpm said:
I don't understand. Surely the sales rep you worked with would inspect the car when it came as they kno wwhat you ordered. They should have even called you with this information.

No, they had ordered it incorrectly from the start. Their original paperwork showed the MA had typed in the ordering information incorrectly from me, and when the car arrived it was exactly how the MA had ordered it.

When I realized about a month ago, that the car had been ordered with the incorrect wheels, I specifically asked if everything else was how I ordered, and I asked about the body colored (orange) dash.

My MA had said yes, it was body colored...which obviously he realized he had made a mistake at that time, but did not fess up until I came to pickup the car yesterday.

· gadgetmeister
6,202 Posts
Happened to me too, way back when I ordered my MCS in the middle of '02. The MA claimed the order was typed in by a second staff member, I never got a copy of the BMW printout, just a carbon of the order sheet filled in by hand. I did catch the problem (wrong roof) on the OL but only as the car got well down the line by which time it was too late to change. They offered to reorder for me at the head of the queue (this was back when there was a 6 month wait) but it still would have added a extra 8 weeks to me getting the car. I cancelled and went to another dealer who didn't run waiting lists and happened to be able to bag the car color & spec I wanted already on a boat on it's way over with no customer assigned to it..! It probably shared the boat with my wrong order ;)

MadisonMini, have you tried asking if they can fit a body color dash at the dealer. I assume they must be able to if parts got damaged. If you like the other wrong bits, that might be a reasonable fix.

· Registered
401 Posts
well

This is exactly why I asked my MA to fax/email whatever me a copy of my order, which she did next day fedex, so I could be sure everything entered was what I want. I woulda been horrid to get my car to find out they put in stick instead of automatic. (yes I ordered an automatic mini, stop laughing) Heheh I will will see.

So other then the issues, hows the ride?

Howard

· Registered
215 Posts
- Always ask for it in writing!

- IMO, the "customer ordered options" in OL is useless and should be eliminated as it is never updated. That fact alone should've prompted you to double-check with your MA that they had it right.

· Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
howardpm said:
This is exactly why I asked my MA to fax/email whatever me a copy of my order, which she did next day fedex, so I could be sure everything entered was what I want. I woulda been horrid to get my car to find out they put in stick instead of automatic. (yes I ordered an automatic mini, stop laughing) Heheh I will will see.

So other then the issues, hows the ride?

Howard
Man the ride is incredible! I had never driven a Mini before, but driven plenty of convertibles. This thing has no body cowl at all! Super sold and doubly super fun. Even with the top up it's solid.

It's like when I had my motorcycle, I keep expecting to be pulled over because this much fun has to be illegal. :cool:

· Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
howardpm said:
Ok so next question. How many people have made comments about it. :)
Tons of comments. I read other threads where people felt weird driving this car because everyone can see you with the top down, etc.

If that's the case, those people should trade their car in right away. This car gets so many looks, finger points, and waves it's crazy. I love it.

Just took it today out in the country on a very twisty road with the top down. The handling and body stiffness is incredible. No shake at all even when pushed hard.

Bottom line: most fun car I've driven. Now I just need to figure out how to upload pictures on this site. :)

· Track addict
5,935 Posts
Glad your happy....

My opinion - body colour dash just does not work well.... allright having body colour metal work showing, but body colour dash just looks like a contrived gimick....

Chrono pack - no, no, and no again. Good idea, cheaply executed. If it looked like it was made of the kind of precision metal work that you get on an expensive Swiss watch, then yes. But it looks like airfix plastic.

Wheels? Well, just ask them to swap them for your correct choice - easily done, or better still, buy the set you want, ebay the set you don't.

So perhaps, in my opinion anyway, it isn't such a bad story after all.

As a group of Brits once said... "Always look on the Bright Side of (mini) Life...."

· Registered
247 Posts
Your MINI has no body cowl? Now that I'd like to see! Perhaps you mean "cowl shake." :) (Just messing with you).

Here's hoping my order is messed up too. $1000 off for a couple of minor glitches would be welcome savings to me. As mentioned earlier, you're better off without the chrono pack (I wanted this option until I saw it, now I think it looks cheap), and the extra cash they're paying you to look at an anthracite dash instead of an orange dash is a downright good deal. I'll take two. :)

· Registered
4 Posts
Your never gonna belive this......Number 2!!!

Sept the 1st came and we were on 'tenterhooks' waiting for our Mini Cabrio....sunny weekend forcast and we were going cruising.....then the phone rang.......

It was our Dealership. They had a problem.... the previous night there had been a burst sewage pipe flooding the holding pen, writing off approx 20 minis and god knows how many BMW's. £1 MILLION pounds worth of damage!!!! Our Cabrio was in this lot and they couldnt tell us when we would be allocated a new one. Gutted, to the point of tears... Im a girlie, its allowed.

Anyway, hats off to Bridgegate in Chesterfield UK. They pulled out all the stops, delivered our Mini (with the spec we chose originally) for 1st Oct and compensated us in every way they could. The team were fantastic and so apologetic.

Fantastic service and a great team. What more can I say.......and the minis the bomb.

Hope everyone else is enjoying theirs as much as we are!!

Loz and Gregg Pearce

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.