MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So im driving my R53 Mini cooper s, and I see that my tire pressure sensor light turns on. Thinking ill check the tire pressure when I get home, I continue driving without a problem. Suddenly my service engine soon light, handbrake light, and ABS light turn on and my tachometer and speedometer go to zero and my engine temp shoots up to the red mark. I know my engine cant go from normal temp to overheating in that short amount of time so I know it isn't overheating. After a few seconds everything goes back to normal but the service engine soon light is still on. As I keep driving home on the highway the tach and spedo start freaking out, both of them bounce from zero to the actual reading (3k RPM for the tach, and 70 MPH for the speedo). This happens for a minute or so before it went back to normal. In that time I took video, it starts freaking out out at 16 seconds (video here youtu.be/Scb-ZjwuBJ0?t=16s)

Any help is greatly appreciated, and thank you for your time.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I think a lot of what you mention are all connected to ABS. So could be a simple as an ABS sensor playing up or could be ABS unit itself, i think i saw a bulletin about ABS wiring shorting out on the bracket the control unit is mounted on causing all kind of problems.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Had exactly these problems. After having everything diagnosed separately, abs module, all sensors, bcu etc, the final diagnosis is a broken ire somewhere on the 'can bus' loom.
Did you get yours fixed?
Still haven't sorted mine!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
3 Participants
Ginkgo
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing