MINI Cooper Forum banner

521 - 532 of 532 Posts

·
I want my MCS now! pls?
36 Posts
Hi guys, are there any track days/driver training days coming up in Vic?

For those that have been on track with their Cooper S's (R53), have you had to make any changes to the car to make it good for track use? I guess what i'm asking is, will i have to change brake pads, change to a diff type of engine oil, etc to enable the cooper s's to last safely over 1 track day?

·
Registered
292 Posts
Hi guys, are there any track days/driver training days coming up in Vic?

For those that have been on track with their Cooper S's (R53), have you had to make any changes to the car to make it good for track use? I guess what i'm asking is, will i have to change brake pads, change to a diff type of engine oil, etc to enable the cooper s's to last safely over 1 track day?
Hi, There are a number of us in Vic who do some club motorsports....we were at Phillip Island last week with the MSCA. One way to get involved is through clubMINI who are associated with CAMS....this allows you to get a CAMS license and to attend motorsports days organised by CAMS affilliated clubs. O'neill drive days while a bit expensive but I am told give a good introduction with the added benefit (depending on your insurer) of the car being insured while undergoing the training. And of course MINI do a level 2 course which is also a great day.

In terms of mods...it is really up to you.....you will need a fire extinguisher fitted inside your car in reach of the driver and you will need a suitable helmet. From there you can go to tyres, uprated suspension, bigger intercoolers, smaller SC pulleys, uprated brakes...it is really up to you....even at stock standard you can pull a good 190kph down the straight at PI which is a real blast. And not a radar in sight.....

Feel free to contact me if you need any further info.

Richard Banks
VIC Motorsport Captain,
clubMINI.

·
Registered
292 Posts
There is a team of 5 MCS plus 1 MC entered for the 6 hour regularity event at Phillip Islland on the weekend of 29/30 September. We will be competing against up to 35 or so other teams. The team is being sponsored by Doncaster Mini Garage. Spectators would be most welcome...it is free entry and it would be great to see you there.

·
..gone to the track
60 Posts
Calder Feb 10 2008

Marque Sports Car Club Sun Feb 10 Calder Park Raceway Vic.

There shall be a number of Mini's competing on the day, come along, participate, spectate, enjoy.

cheers,

H

·
8/10 on the Stoogometer
2,732 Posts
Marque Sports Car Club Sun Feb 10 Calder Park Raceway Vic.

There shall be a number of Mini's competing on the day, come along, participate, spectate, enjoy.

cheers,

H
Hey Harry, i'm getting some stuff installed soon, and i'd like to trial it at the track. I'll probably see you there...

Elie

·
SCOOPED for LIFE!!!
66 Posts
clubMINI Motorsport

Hey Guys,

A few of us are heading to Phillip Island on Saturday 5th July for the AROCA Sprints Day.

Last practice before the 6 Hour event in August.

See you there!! :D

Cheers.....Geoff

521 - 532 of 532 Posts